The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends dental visits at least twice per year. Regular exams and professional cleanings can help to ensure optimal oral health. At Sparkle Pediatric Dentistry, our dental team consistently provides high-quality dental cleanings and thorough preventive exams.
Professional cleanings rid the teeth of harmful plaque and tartar build-up. This is important for preventing tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health issues. Additionally, a professional cleaning by our hygienist may remove some surface stains. This can help keep your child’s teeth looking whiter and brighter.
During the examination, we will also:
- Evaluate overall oral health
- Discuss oral hygiene practices and habits
- Check your child’s bite and jaw for any issues
- Evaluate your child’s risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer
- Evaluate existing tooth restorations
- Take dental x-rays if necessary
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for maintaining a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile.
Contact our Henrico dental team to request an appointment for an exam and cleaning.